Black Moshannon

PSUFishMenace

PSUFishMenace

Recently discovered that one of my friends has access to a canoe and we are thinking about trying Black Moshannon Lake. Apparently there are pike and pickerel there and I would love to get into a few of those. Could anyone give me some advice on general areas of the lake where we could find decent fishing, or some general info on how to pattern these fish in this lake? We won't have a heck of a lot of time so if someone could give me a starting point I would greatly appreciate it! I'm not much of a lake person but I don't wanna pass up the chance to fish this place. Not looking for specifics but feel free to pm if desired.

TIA

The lake is not real large so you can explore it pretty easily. The upper end is shallow and has a lot of vegetation and the lower part, towards the dam, is deeper and open water.

I've caught panfish in the upper half of the lake. Occasionally you hear about someone catching a big bass in there.

There is a boat launch near the upper end, and also near the dam.

It's a nice, scenic place. I think you'll like it.

I talked to a guy yesterday who fly fishes Black Mo with a kayak and he said he's done pretty well catching pickerel.

Awesome TB, that's what I want to hear! thanks.

The same guy told me of some good carp locations and tactics.

That's the kind of info you can get at Trout Unlimited meetings!!!

Back