Biggest Wild Brown!!

HopBack

HopBack

Had a great day today in York County. I started off on Cordorus creek but I didn't have any luck so I packed up and headed to another spot I recently discovered and came up big. I had a total of 7 wild browns in about 2 hours. The biggest one was over 16 inches and is my biggest wild trout since I started fly fishing in June. It took a #14 Black copper john. The pictures really don't do it justice. It was a beautiful fish. In the last picture I was able to get a shot of several brown trout in a pool ranging in various sizes. Pretty good for a stream not listed as a wild trout stream.

Attachments

• Big Brown.jpg
    Big Brown.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Brownie.jpg
    Brownie.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 9
  • Brownie phesant tail.jpg
    Brownie phesant tail.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Fingerling Browns.jpg
    Fingerling Browns.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 5
Great story! Wild trout are inspirational and these are some fine specimens for any angler much less one that has only been fishing a few weeks. Well done.

Way to go! York county certainly does hold some great water - most of which is highly under rated in my opinion. Hold that one close to your vest!

Ya this one is staying in the vault!!

Beautiful fish! Wild brown streams with the flow and structure to support bigger fish are exciting to fish. The big ones are there! You just have to figure out how to entice them. I'm convinced sometimes it is because you did everything right, sometimes I think we just get lucky. Either way, to bring a fish like that to hand will always leave a lasting memory for you. Congrats.

Those are some fine looking fish. I definitely would save that spot for yourself and your closest friends/family.

Nice fish! Congrats and head out for a bigger one!

Nice fish. I hadnt been Fly fishing for trout in over 30 years and went to the SB Codorus Creek this sunday for 2 hours. I caught several creek chub and one 6" wild brown. All on a #16 Beadhead prince. Not the greatest catch but beautiful day and saw some great wildlife (deer, Heron, king fishers).

Im in York and still learning the waters around here and am available to fish on Sat and Sun Mornings anyone want to meet up and go let me know. glen.e.walter@gmail.com

Back