BFC Flows

Schaefer406

Schaefer406

I haven’t been on here for a bit since I’ve been busy with work. I have a full free day tomorrow to head up to some of my favorite streams (not penns though, penns is WAY too high). Has anyone had an eye on BFC today at all? Wanting to see if the trip is worth it based on rain bump or not. I know it levels out pretty quick.

Lock haven area got 3inches of rain

With that kind of rain, BFC prolly still not good for tomorrow.
Spring creek - especially the upper sections - should be OK though.
Don't know if TCO fly shop still gives stream reports this late in the year.
But worth checking.....

With that kind of rain, BFC prolly still not good for tomorrow.
Spring creek - especially the upper sections - should be OK though.
Don't know if TCO fly shop still gives stream reports this late in the year.
But worth checking.....
I have limited fishing days so I ended up going to kish. Was flowing roughly 300 cfs when I arrived and extremely muddy. I actually had a lot of follows throwing streamers to the bank but no commitments. Even with the skunk I’ll take a day of fishing!

I have limited fishing days so I ended up going to kish. Was flowing roughly 300 cfs when I arrived and extremely muddy. I actually had a lot of follows throwing streamers to the bank but no commitments. Even with the skunk I’ll take a day of fishing!
Kish is more akin to Penns, lots of farmland in the headwaters and takes longer to clear than Spring or BFC.

I was in the State College area this weekend. Fished a small stream on Saturday that was borderline blown out when I started at 8:00 am, but was about dialed in by mid-day. It fished fairly well, better and better as the flow dropped as the day went on.

Drove past Spring today, it was up and down real quick. 100 cfs or so, and not really any more color than Spring normally has at 100 cfs.

Kish was to its banks driving up Saturday morning, and though much lower on the way home today, still very off color. 300 cfs is about the max I’ll even try to fish Kish at. Thought about it today, but I wouldn’t have felt great wading with it that high and dirty. Probably would have been limited to mostly just streamer fishing the banks as you did.

Didn’t get up to BFC at all, but based on past experience, it was probably in better shape than Kish, especially Narrows section and upstream on BFC, but not as good as Spring. Could hardly tell it rained by looking at Spring.

Back