Best way to clean waders

M

mbyrne

I have a pair of simms g3 goretex waders what is the best way to clean them?

mbyrne wrote:
I have a pair of simms g3 goretex waders what is the best way to clean them?

This is what Simms recommends. Click here.

Before you wash them, get some powdered Ivory Snow laundry detergent, and some Revivex. If the waders are dirty enough to wash, odds are good you need to renew the DWR finish. The videos explain everything, and it's really simple to do. It only takes 15-20 minutes to do the Revivex thing, and the waders will perform like new when you're done. Do the pinhole check when you're done with the Revivex treatment, and you'll be set.

I like to hang my waders up by the shoulder straps to let them dry completely - turn them inside out first until dry to the touch, then turn them outside out to finish drying. A day or so is all it takes. :cool:

mine get cleaned every time I walk in a stream!

bikerfish wrote:

I'm with you. And even if they get/stay dirty I just consider that better cover.

I'd say let them be unless they're caked with mud, then I would hang them up under my deck and spary them down with a hose...

I hose mine down after every fishing trip, then let them hang dry.
If I was out in the rain, and they're wet inside - then I turn them inside out to get that part dried.

The turning inside out is vital..Thats where the real dirt and grim lie..Plus better for the seals to let them dry..

bikerfish wrote:

Do you realize that this is a good way to transport invasives from one waterway to another?

Boyer

Same as a couple other guys. Hang them up and hose them off!

PaulG

I do hose them off, although I will admit that doesn't happen every time I fish. I don't consider that cleaning them. I think more invasives can spread through felt soles than waders.

orvis podcast has a video out this week on cleaning to boots.

via iTunes

Back