"Best Fishing Spots in America"

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

http://www.livesmarter.com/2015/09/11-best-fishing-spots-in-america-hands-down/?utm_source=yahooWhere&utm_medium=native&utm_campaign=yahoofishing&utm_content=fishing

:lol:

BARRETT LAKE – DULZURA, CA

Anyone see the oopsie?

Good list

Word is Valley Forge, PA just missed the cut.

Lol.

I'd put Erie up with some of those, though. Smallmouth catches put some of those to shame. 50+ smallies averaging 20 inches shaped like football's isn't an incredible feat at times. Add steelhead (lake or tribs) and walleye. Not outshined in the least.

I'd probably put an offshore charter place on there too. They seemed to try to capture various "styles", but seemed to miss saltwater offshore pelagics. Maybe Hatteras (billfish, tuna, dolphin, Wahoo, etc.). Could make a solid argument for Florida or southern california for the same reasons.

"50+ smallies averaging 20 inches shaped like football's isn't an incredible feat at times."

Average day for me.

Muddy Creek.

Nice LM:

largemouth.jpg

Lake Guntersville, Alabama

"50+ smallies averaging 20 inches shaped like football's isn't an incredible feat at times."

Average day for me.

At certain times of the year, it's average for many...

Disclaimer: I haven't personally done the Erie smallmouth thing in about 15 years, so things may have changed. But as a teenager/college kid, my family had a boat. Set up at 10-25 ft over visible rock bottom, throw some live minnies, and it was pretty much non-stop. With 3 guys on the boat, triple headers were pretty much universal. You had to have one refrain from fishing so somebody could man the net. The only limiting factor was how fast you could land them, and how tired your arms would get.

It kinda gets boring, actually. Just too easy. It was catching, not fishing....

Pffft.

Bellefonte, PA is best.

This fact was established by a paflyfish.com poll.

pcray1231 wrote:

Average day for me.

At certain times of the year, it's average for many...

Disclaimer: I haven't personally done the Erie smallmouth thing in about 15 years, so things may have changed. But as a teenager/college kid, my family had a boat. Set up at 10-25 ft over visible rock bottom, throw some live minnies, and it was pretty much non-stop. With 3 guys on the boat, triple headers were pretty much universal. You had to have one refrain from fishing so somebody could man the net. The only limiting factor was how fast you could land them, and how tired your arms would get.

It kinda gets boring, actually. Just too easy. It was catching, not fishing....

^ Same for Lake Ontario at the right time/place. Fished the shoreline from a boat with a sinking line / conehead streamer (my buddies used jigs with a spin rod) and non-stop action with 3-4lb smallies. I agree...it did get boring...believe it or not.

pond behind this house-full of smallmouths .And its all mine -heh,heh,heh.
just kidding but did find out too late that smallmouths are awesome.

pete41 wrote:
...but did find out too late that smallmouths are awesome.

It's never too late. So it is said.

I devoted forty years to the trout mystique and then found out in my 70's Dr. Henshell [sp] was right.
In freshwater anyway ,pound for pound smallmouths are the gamest fish of all.

Back