Best Day Fishing Ever???

R

RonKolman

Remember the WKRP Turkey Drop? Yesterday a similar event occurred in Brookville, Pa., near the F.F.O. project on the North Fork of Redbank Creek. There was a semi-truck accident on the I-80 bridge over North Fork Creek, causing the load to spill over the highway and off the bridge, dropping beer cans into the creek and covering a narrow roadway along side the creek. Early arriving fishermen were greeted with beverages along with the fishing! There is a news article in Explore Jefferson County on Google, complete with pictures. For you beer experts, if you look closely at the pics, you will see Founders Beer cans on the roadway by the thousands. Founders is an excellent beer, as many local fishermen discovered yesterday. Could be the “Best Day Fishing”?

I swore I heard cans popping.

Imagine fishing the North Fork yesterday and having beer cans raining down on you. And then looking up and seeing half the trailer hanging over the bridge and wondering if that was going to rain down on you soon too.

"Officials from the Brookville Fire Company asked the public not to try to access the Walter **** Park below the bridge following the crash for safety reasons and also requested people not pick up debris from the crash from the creek."

https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/locals-fish-beer-out-of-creek-after-semi-truck-crashes-on-i-80-bridge/

Ron knowing your background and passion for beer, I think the authorities already have you as a person of interest for the investigation.

I always miss the epic hatch.

You know you're from "Up the Mountain" in Cambria County if you've ever been too drunk to fish... and that's first hand experience talkin'...

those were all day's too. I'd have gave up on fishing and just started foraging for a literal summer's worth of beer

Back