Beginner Swap?

sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

Seeing as my steelhead swap is just about done with (just waiting for a few more sets), would anyone be interested in a beginner swap, just for the newbies?

i will be down, i just started tying.

if the idea of a beginner swap doesnt fly how about a wooly bugger swap?

i would but i have to get the materials first

Bump! I'm interested in another swap.

JH

i will do a bugger swap or a newbie swab as i am a newbie

either way...if anyone has any other suggestions, I;m open to those, too, just want to get more newbies involved in swaps, as they are a great learning experience and an excellent way to build confidence.

I will be apart of damn near any swap. I will send flies, but i dont want any in return. No offense, I just only fish my ties. :)

yeah im down for sure, and might be able to hit up tco this weekend also

I will be apart of damn near any swap. I will send flies, but i dont want any in return. No offense, I just only fish my ties.

None taken, though these swaps IMHO are for getting ideas for patterns that might work in your area. I rarely fish any swap flies, but have duplicated several.

JH

I'd be game. I'm up for anything, but my suggestion is basic Pheasant tail/Hare's Ear/Prince Nymph etc type of swap. That way, you get a feel for what each would look like, and you can try out each one and figure out what you like.

BTW, would I be considered a newbie, I started last Christmas? lol

I'm down. I'm no expert w/ tying so this could be fun! I like the idea of a simple nymph tie.

I still feel I'm a newbie, and I've been tying for 8 years!!!

JH

dang and i would like a simple nymph tie also.......

gochs wrote:
I'd be game. I'm up for anything, but my suggestion is basic Pheasant tail/Hare's Ear/Prince Nymph etc type of swap. That way, you get a feel for what each would look like, and you can try out each one and figure out what you like.

Depends on who you ask...
That's kinda what I was thinking, get a few real newbies involved and have a few more experienced tyers tie up some newbie-friendly patterns.

I would be game.....I am a new to this whole tying thing

Count me in for either the nymph or bugger swap.

Ive been tying for years but its been all SW stuff nothing smaller than a size 2 until the last year when I got back into freshwater fishing and Trout. so the trout patterns are fairly new to me.

starting an official swap thread, please post there to register.

Back