Beetle

BelAirSteve

BelAirSteve

Interesting story about this beetle - not sure if this exact one - but one just like it! Not really a hatch situation, or fishing related, but figured this was the best place to post it.

I took this pic tonight on my front porch. My nightly routine, when my wife turns in to read in bed, is to come out on the porch with a cigar and something distilled to sip on. If you notice, my postings are usually between the hours of 10:30 and 12:00.

So it was kind of buggy, being that he porch light was on and it's summer in the mid-atlantic. It doesn't really bother me, but I felt a pinch on one of the toes on my left foot as I was reading. I jumped out of my chair, took a look, and THIS thing was attached to my toe. I shoved it with my other flip flop, it let go of my toe, and latched onto my flip flop. I seriously had to kick it two more times before it would let go!

For scale, that is my thumb!

Attachments

• beetle.jpg
    beetle.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 10
There are a lot of species, and I couldn't identify them. But it's a male stag beetle of some sort.

Whatever it is, I'd sure hate to get bitten by that thing!

Did it hoit your little toesy? :cool:

PS-- I would have shreeked like a schoolgirl myself.

Jack,

It didn't hurt that much, but I a few F bombs did fly, and I'm sure I looked like a complete idiot.

Back