Beautifully shot short film/ News of what other states outside of PA’s no brook trout conservation allowed zone do for their native brook trout.

Fish Sticks

Fish Sticks

Enjoy below short film with amazing underwater photography showing Native Brook Trout like we rarely get
to see them.

Many of you have seen the article on west Virginia’s conservation hatchery for doing brook trout reintroductions on the conservation forum. Such brook trout conservation projects like reintroduction, invasive trout removal, catch and release regulations in brook trout management zones(we have none in PA) that encompass entire watersheds is the norm/standard operating procedure outside the vacuum of brook trout conservation that is PA’s border. Here we have the wild wild west of state sponsored/private invasive aquaculture.

These reintroductions, often with invasive trout removal proceeding them, are happening in many states all around us(north and south). But you would never know it if you live in PA as far as PA Fish and Boat has demonstrated, there is no such thing as native brook trout conservation in this state. Only sport based management of “wild trout”. From the vast amount of research I have posted on here we now know managing for “wild trout” = managing for displacement of our native brook trout. Instead of using their resources to put 60,000 stocked invasive trout in their best brook trout stream in the state, normal fish and game dept’s do stuff like this.

I really enjoyed the film “Bringing back the Brooks. Thank you FS.

I really enjoyed the film “Bringing back the Brooks. Thank you FS.
No problem, I’ll keep an eye out for more of these as they come out. Luckily more and more people are documenting these projects on film.

Back