Bean wading boots on sale

skiltonian

skiltonian

I got a pair of Bean's leather aqua-soled studded boots today for $50 and a pair without studs for $40. Were normallu $129 and $109, respectively.
Not sure on size availability, but if you in the market for some new boots, check out LL bean.

Hi skiltonian - Just a heads up on those Rivertreads boots:

I've been using those for two years now, and they're awesome! I have a couple pair, and the only bad thing about these boots is the lace hooks - specifically, the upper "hook" loops. They're too small for the laces provided, and you'll cut through the outer layer of material pretty quickly. You can't bend the hooks open more because they're cast metal - don't ask me how I know this :-( .

The solution is to find a pair of laces that have a thinner profile, like Patagonia's flat laces. I used parachute cord, and it works fine. Hope you enjoy your new boots, and I'm sure you'll discover what I'm talking about pretty quickly......

skilton:

Did you buy them online or from a retailer?
I can't seem to find them on their website

I got them at Center Valley. I do not beleive they are on-line.
I expected to be replacing the laces sooner than later - waxed laces for ice skates hold up well, too.

i was wondering where you purchased them myself, as i didn`t see them online and i did a live chat with customer service and they didn`t know of such thing online, ... great buy skiltonian

You did get a great buy!
I called my nearest store, and was given a price of $95 and $80 for these boots now.
I think I'll wait a while and see if they get reduced more

In talking with one of the LL bean guys, sounds like they are rolling out their new line in April at the stores. Prices should drop before then on anything thats left.

I just got a bean catalog a few days ago.
The river treads wading boots are being replaced with a new style called river keeper, that are supposed to reduce the spread of invasive species.
They've also redesigned their waders

Back