Bass flies?

M

moosehunter

Any ideas on what flies to use on the schulkyl tomorrow morning?

Havent fished the Schuylkill but have had some good success in Southeastern PA with #8, #10 brown beadhead woolly buggers. Poppers have not been producing for me at all.

On the Schyulkill I have been doing well with brown crystal buggers drifted in fast riffles. Also I have caught a few on Clousers worked up stream in riffles.

Don't forget some universal suggestions, clousers in natural colours and chart/white, poppers/gurglers in white, chart, and black, and buggers to match the local crayfish (I've noticed both the crayfish in the Lehigh and the Juniata are way more olive than brown).

I have strikes on zonkers and double bunnies, too, use peacock herl body buggers with tan barred tails and put bead eyes on jst about everything as its supposed to help provoke strikes.

Thanks for the ideas. Brown buggers did pretty well. I got out there a little late. I spoke with several people who said they have been catching smb from dusk to night If any of u have access to a kayak or small boat I highly recommend the lower merion access point at flat rock dam.

Back