Bass Fishing Below the Town of Penns Creek

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

First, is that far enough downstream to not be bothering the trout? Are there access points there. I have fished near New Berlin and that is definitely bass water this time of year.

You are well below any serious trout water by the time you are at the town of Penns Creek. Not that in the early season or winter a guy could not find some trout down there but by now they have moved some time ago. Yes there are bass and panfish. Also cats and carp and fallfish. There are some pull offs. Go explore. Dont think you will be disappointed!

P

I boat electrofished that stretch in about 1977 and was impressed with the SMB population. Given that I had electrofished the Susquehanna near-by at Shamokin Dam the day before, by comparison to say that Penns SMB impressed me is an indication of how good it was.

Just curious then, what would be the cutoff for trout on Penns Creek? I have never fished it any lower then Weikert. I am guessing its Glen Iron?

Just curious then, what would be the cutoff for trout on Penns Creek? I have never fished it any lower then Weikert. I am guessing its Glen Iron?

Mike I graduated college the year before that....we are getting up there!!

Back