Barbed Jig Hooks

goose54cdd

goose54cdd

Can anyone lead me to where I can purchase some jig hooks with barbs?

Cool, I didn't realize someone took over Bob's site

I find that barbless hooks in general don't work with a trailer fly tied to the bend. At least for me. Within a few casts, the trailer slides off the point of the hook. That's why I am also interested in barbed jig hooks. I pinch down the barb, the little bump is enough to stop this from happening.

How do Wholesales hooks compare to other jig hooks in size, etc.? Do the flat eye and straight eye jigs perform differently?

Last edited:
I find that barbless hooks in general don't work with a trailer fly tied to the bend. At least for me. Within a few casts, the trailer slides off the point of the hook. That's why I am also interested in barbed jig hooks. I pinch down the barb, the little bump is enough to stop this from happening.
Exactly why I like the barb.

I've solved that problem when using barbless hooks by placing a dot of UV goop and hitting up with my UV light to put a small stopper on the upper third of the hook bend. It keeps the trailer tippet high up on the bend where you want it, and never slides off. You can also use head cement to accomplish the same thing. Give it a try.

I've solved that problem when using barbless hooks by placing a dot of UV goop and hitting up with my UV light to put a small stopper on the upper third of the hook bend. It keeps the trailer tippet high up on the bend where you want it, and never slides off. You can also use head cement to accomplish the same thing. Give it a try.
Dang Tom, you're brilliant!

Dang Tom, you're brilliant!
Now you tell me after I placed my order with the Wholesale Fly Company. Great idea, Tom.

46-dropper-loop.jpg

or a tippet ring

Last edited:
I do the ring thing on bigger dry flies and it works well.

Back