Bamboo rod problem

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Is there an outlet for replacement bamboo rod tips. I have an H_I Tonka Princess that Has a broken tip section (about half-way down). I would like to get a tip section either made or preferrably one that is premade that I can just put into the ferrule that fits the but section and rewrap the guides.

I did rebuild this Bamboo Rod but am not a rod builder. But I can rewrap the guides. I just need a tip section.

Ha ha, I see that someone below is having the same problem....put me in line behind him for the help. :)

Maurice - One of the good things about bamboo rods is their ability to be repaired. If you have both of the broken pieces, it may be repairable. I've seen broken rods that were repaired, and you could hardly tell there was ever a break.

Wyatt Dietrich at Dreamcatcher rods would be a great place to start. He'll likely have the info you need.

http://www.bamboorods.net/

Wyatt repaired a friends rod, and it looks like new. That boy knows his stuff, and the repair was surprisingly inexpensive.

Can't help you on that one Mo, but if you do find someone who makes rod tips for cheap, let me know. I need one for an H-I Tonka Queen.

Maurice,
Jack Mickievics at French Creek Outfitter can probably repair your rod tip. He rebuilt one for me last year. His prices are pretty reasonable too. If you can't get ahold of him at FCO, let me know. I think I have his home phone # somewhere.

Sorry, I forgot to add the phone # for FCO- (610) 933-7200

Jack just put a new grip and reel seat on a bamboo rod that was handed down to me from my father (a Weber monogram rod). Now has a Cocobolo wood uplocking seat - looks great. PM me if you want his home number, he'll help you out.

Back