Back to the North Platte River

R

riz

Booking flights to go back to the North Platte River (NPR) for the 4th time. Will be fishing from 3/18 - 3/22, this will be a couple of weeks earlier than I usually go. The fishing has been just incredible, although the weather may be harsh at times. It has snowed at least 1 of the days, if not every day. It may get windy and force you to fish the protected areas, even had to cancel a day due to wind (semi-truck were being blown over because of ice and 50 – 60 mph gusts). But even with the chance of these conditions, the fishing is so good it’s worth the risk. There are numbers, big fish, and numbers of big fish; what more can you ask for to get your early spring fishing fix.

Wy or Co.?

Do you fly into Denver and drive up?

business trip in colo sprngs right now. Just got back from south platte this afternoon near deckers. Low flows. Midge activity. Every one catching fish was nymphing. Bring on spring. I'm no nympho.

Fishing near Casper, WY; actually the Grey Reef section below Alcova to government bridge, most of the time. I fly into Denver and drive up from there; it takes about 4 hrs. I have a cousin who live near golden, CO and he picks me up at the airport and we go from there. We found a great cottage to stay at that's right on the river, called Red Butte Ranch. I use North Platte River Fly Shop for guide service. We always had great guides from them.

Back