Autumn in Central PA Never Gets Old

klingy

klingy

Just got back from a few days bouncing around the gravel roads in Central PA. The trees were showing out, the campground was empty, and the fish were on the move. If there was one season that I wouldn't mind lasting all year, fall would be it!

IMG 4698

Still Water

IMG 4642

Tail End

IMG 4669

Color on the Ridge

IMG 4670

Bend Riffle

IMG 4629

Orange on Orange

IMG 4697

Downstream

IMG 4707

Down the Valley

The Color on the Ridge photo looks almost like a “Rainbow”. 😉

One of my favorite spots.

From the overlook picture, it looks like Penns?

Gotta love being out in fall for sure.
And the fishing can be pretty good too

Beautiful. Thank you. That's one of my favorite places in the world too, and in full color on a gorgeous day, I'm jealous!

From the overlook picture, it looks like Penns?
Yeah most of those are from Penns. The one fish pic isn’t. It’s funny, we fished five or six streams and I took well over 100 photos, but when I pick out a handful of my favorites they’re almost all Penns.

Really nice photos.

Lot more color than when I was there 10 days ago.
47123FFC B29A 4746 BBF1 E2E7E6C2F7D3

I love your photos, they're beautifully composed.

A couple of those shots look like Fishing creek up in the narrows. Just gorgeous pictures by the way.

Just got back from an afternoon at the same spot on Penns as some of those pics (very nice pics btw). Absolutely love that area. BWOs came off for the 4 hours I was there and I left the fish rising at dusk. And to think I meant to go streamer fishing today. What a place.

Attachments

• IMG_7350.jpeg
    IMG_7350.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Just got back from an afternoon at the same spot on Penns as some of those pics (very nice pics btw). Absolutely love that area. BWOs came off for the 4 hours I was there and I left the fish rising at dusk. And to think I meant to go streamer fishing today. What a place.
How did you do? What pattern were you using? We are heading up for a long weekend at Ingleby in 2 weeks. I am guessing hatches will be done and a lot of spawning. It was the only week weekend we could pull off. Will still enjoy the company, beer, and a nice fire.

I did ok, but it wasn’t as easy as I expected when I saw just how many fish were stacked up and how consistently they were feeding. The water is low and super clear. Their tastes seemed to change from emergers to duns to spinners every 30 mins or so, so I went through a lot of patterns. Once I figured that out I just paid attention to what was on the water and switched when it switched. Tried swinging wets when they were on emergers, but no joy. Getting hits requires perfect drifts, it was pretty technical. Stuck with #18-20 bwo patterns until I got tired of it. Switched over to a crayfish near dusk and that worked great too. Tied it on and dropped it in the water at my feet and - boom- hit. Pretty wild.

Thanks! Glad you had a nice day! Glad to hear the fish are ok as well.

Here just north of Harrisburg, it's at peak or will hit it in the next day or two. Beautiful right now.

My husband and I are in agreement that the fall colors in Weikert/Coburn area are the best this year as any in memory.

My husband and I are in agreement that the fall colors in Weikert/Coburn area are the best this year as any in memory.
I’ve been there 4 times in the past 3 weeks. You betcha, they are beautiful.

Back