At the River's Edge- by Jerry Kustich

Acristickid

Acristickid

My feeling was that it was a so-so fly fishing book.

Felt in the earlier chapters the author really wanted to impress the reader with the use of his thesaurus. But it settled down. I read with interest when author mentions waters I have fished in the past- fun to kinda relive experiences.

I could recommend many other books ahead of this one but I do enjoy reading fly fishing books.

Read!

I know nothing about the book. I see your new avatar, does Brokaw have a Nor Cal assignment in the offing?

Sorry to all for the hijack....

If I had any guts I would answer yes, but I have to answer maybe. Seeing sweet deals- $800 for flight and rental car for 20 days out of San Fransico.

My favorite chapter in "At the River's Edge" is the one about Charles Kuralt of "On the Road" fame visiting the "Boo Boys" who at the time made all the bamboo rods for R. L. Winston. They have since moved on and started a new rodmaking company "Sweetgrass Rods". Overall I think the book is a good read.

It would be nice to reside in Twin Bridges. Real laid back and plenty-o-fishing.

Can I trout fish with a "Sage" at the home of "R. L. Winston"? LOL

Probably just a disapproving look for a few moments but they'll come around.. hahahha

Back