At a dead end

Flyfishmedic732

Flyfishmedic732

Ok so I need some ideas and some Recipes here. I have a starter kit from cabelas I got it a few years back for my old man but he gave it to me since he does not have the patience LOL. Heres what I have as far as material.... Was wondering whatI could maybe tie with this

Mallard quills
Mallard dyed woodduck
Dyed rooster neck
muskrat dubbing
Hares fur
Brown rooster neck
Peacock tail
Yellow hackle
Black thread
Silver Tinsel
Copper wire
White marabou

Any ideas????

Also assorted wet dry and streamer hooks

forgot to add I want to tie some for my upcoming trip to Pine Creek on Sunday......I also have assorted thread in yellow, red and orange. Besides the black Im a beginner so go easy LOL

Depending on the quality of the neck hackle, and assuming you have some dubbing, any number of dry flies. If you do not have dubbing, you should purchase some along with a decent grizzly neck, which IMNSHO, is the most important variety of all.

Muskrat and thread creates the Al's Rat when tied on small hooks.

Hare's ears, including the "proper" winged variety with both quill slips or just rolled mallard.

Walt's worm.

Herl bodies with soft, webby hackles makes for fine wets, as does just thread. Traditionally, its partridge or grouse shoulder, but short, soft, hen would work.

Enrolling in the free Bean tying course is a good idea.

Zug bugs (peacock, mallard flank, and brown hackle)

Muskrat nymphs (dubbing and peacock)

Brassies (copper wire and dubbing/peacock)

Honestly though, a stop at a fly shop witha vast tying section would help, plus you can have (hopefully) some good advise pasted to you as well as materials.

Simple marabou streamers, peacock and white marabou.

Thanks for all the ideas....I will be attempting to tie a few tomorrow and basically all week. I have tied some already with just ideas that I came up with and my own variations on some well known flies like the royal coachman.....I tied a few wets as well...Once I am able to I will post some pics....

Back