Astream:American Writers on Fly Fishing, Robert DeMott, ed.

R

rrt

This is an anthology by writers who were asked to write a memoir type piece exploring the "interior dimensions of fly fishing." So, we have a group of roughly 30 essays, of varying interest and quality. For instance, an 80-year-old Nick Lyons wrote of fishing a pond containing stocked large trout and warmwater fish; he can no longer really fish streams, but he's still in contact with the ff world. Another, Le Anne Schreiber, wrote her essay on "Life After Fly Fishing," not because she grew too old but because she became more interested in pond exploring than fly-fishing. Though I bought it, I'd recommend borrowing it if you can rather than plunking down $25.00 plus tax. For you Nook readers, perhaps you could get it there for a better price. For me, too many of the essays related only obliquely to fly-fishing. I guess that's why I like Gierach: he writes fly-fishing stories, for the most part.
For those of you who like to read Ted Leeson: You might like this book. He is included, and many of the writers write in the same way he does.
Anyhow, this one is not my "cup of tea."

Back