Are There Any...

UncleShorty

UncleShorty

...holdover or wild trout in Trough Creek in Huntingdon County?

It's a beautiful stream.

I've only fished it once, this was back in early spring of last year, but I only caught stocked trout. From what I remember reading old posts, I think it may get too warm in the summer to hold wild trout, but I could be wrong as I'm not too familiar with the area.

You are correct - it is a beautiful stream.

I fish this stream often enough and in my experience you will get a few holdovers, but nothing wide spread. As far as wild fish, I saw someone catch a wild brookie once, so perhaps there are more, but that was only one time.

Gets too warm. Fish it for SMB in the warmer months.

I would agree with the above. Trough Creek is a beautiful piece of water. I think it has been at least 15 years since I fished it and would sure like to get back on it again. Never fished for Smallies on it - but that sounds like a lot of fun.

Yes check the Natural Reproduction list on the PFBC web site.

Used to fish it regularly back in the early 2000's. At that time it was not rare to catch an occasional wild one!

I wonder why you didn't get any smartass comments fro Jack? Considering this is the exact same type of post I made Lol!!!

But that is a beautiful stream , and that natural reproduction list is not always accurate. I've caught wilds on runs that were not on the list

Quite simply because he didn't ask if they swirled.

I fished it one day in summer years ago and I found only small smallmouth bass and some other sunfish.

Back