Aquaseal question

A

AlphaDelta

I have been on the aqua seal website and found that they have numerous products. Which is the correct type of aqua seal to repair breathable waders and also what type of aqua seal should be used on rubber hip boots? Any help would be appreciated.

You want the "Urethane Repair Adhesive"

As for rubber hip boots, you are probably better off just getting a new pair once they start to leak. Trying to fix rubber hippers is a never ending, losing battle.

Go to www.mcnett.com/gearaid/repair
Look toward the bottom of the page for Aquaseal or Aqauseal w/Cotol-240.
Hope that helps.
Also you could go to the Simms website, they have videos on wader repair.

Real men wet wade after June 1st - but seriously, original formula works great on my hippers. Buy the accelerant. I've also used Loon UV cure repair with good results. You can extend your prolines for at least a season. My world record was 5 years out of one (at the time) $30 pair.

I used the aqua seal with the patches on a set of Proline rubber boots around the leaks in the heels and it worked very well. Aqua seal works well on rubber.

If you are patching holes and leaks similar to holes/pinpricks I think that Tear-Aid is damn near bomb proof if being applied to polyester or nylon. I have an old Kelty Gunnison Tent that has a lot of Tear-Aid on on the fly and the patches have been there for years, are 100% waterproof, and seem like they will never come off. I like how my LL Bean Flyweight waders came with Tear-Aid...obviously they know the goodness of Tear-Aid on nylon/polyester.

Another effective alternative to Aquaseal that I've successfully used to repair/patch breathable waders is Goop. I use the Sport and Outdoor version. I get mine from TruValue Hardware but Wal-Mart and other box stores may have it.

For the same price as a small tube of Aquaseal, you get a much larger tube of Goop.

Aqauseal w/Cotol-240 is a very good fix have even used it on my waterbed a few times. applied when I awoke it was set up by nightfall.
For a very quick fix try hot glue.

Back