Applications for various Solarez products

F

Flydoc

I would be interested to know what the applications are for the different types of Solarez products. The same question applies to other companies’ products. When do you use thick vs. thin vs bone dry, etc.

Sorry for the late reply on this. What I use them for are

Thick: coating junctions on articulated streamers, building heads on lead eye streamers, building eggs sacks on alevin patterns, coating synthetic fibers to stiffen them for baitfish tales (game changers) and trimmed mayfly wings ( but I actually prefer liquid fusion for this).

Thin: over coating stick on eyes on fish skulls/ sculpin helmets, building wing cases and Shell backs, making fish masks on streamers,
Coating bodies on woven minnows.

Flex: coating burned wings or wing cases, also good for making fish masks, coating leader knots

These are what’s coming to mind. Probably lots of other things I use them for.

My "gateway drug" into UV has been Solarez Bone Dry. Applications are never ending, and I hope to release a video soon showing some new techniques with both thick and thin.

The most common types with thin include Perdigon's, covering hot spots, and coating the body to either enhance and/or protect.

TC

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCJXF0DytQ[/youtube]

I was bit by the UV bug but now I rarely use it. It's just to expensive, is generally not needed and adds little to no fishability over other cheaper products. It's one and only positive over other products is it's ability to dry in an instant. It looks pretty to but that brings nothing to the table as far as fishing goes. I don't tie streamside nor am I a production tyer so instant drying is not a concern for me.

For the most part I only use the thick anymore for building up heads on my largest saltwater streamers. For overcoating and other general uses I find it's hard to beat Sally Hanson. It's not as sexy sounding as UV cured resin but I consider Sally Hanson to be the ever lasting gobstopper of fly tying.

This is with Solarez UV Thick mixed with glitter

Attachments

• Solarez with glitter.jpg
    Solarez with glitter.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
Back