Anyone wanna fish in the snow?

I have fond memories fishin in the snow, especially the first snow fall.
I used to seek it out and now i feel it in my blood. It is the only time you cant hear anything but yourself or just the snow tapping down.

When people sit around and talk about how the first snow makes them want hot chocolate or whatever, i mention how it makes me want to go brook trout fishing. I always get an odd look.

I concur. Fishing in the dead cold of winter while its snowing is probably a all time favorite time. Like you said, its quiet, and just a different feel and experience almost unreal

I’d love to. I foresee work as a significant barrier to that however. Unless it snows on Saturdays or Sundays.

I love it! One of my favorite times to fish.

One of the most peaceful times to be on the water!

Twice in my life i was on the Letort during a heavy snow and i was catching leaping fish on little black stone flies.
I wish i was on her banks right now.

I fished the Run one year in February. It was snowing and Blue Wings were hatching. Caught a bunch and for once I had the entire thing to myself. Doubt I will ever see that agin.

Love fishing in the snow...does wonders for my soul. The other plus is that you usually have the place to yourself which is nice once in a while on the more popular streams.

From a couple winters ago when we got a pretty big storm. Gets me fired up just thinking about it. Dream day, no other lunatics out there with over a foot of snow on the ground!

JknxBua.jpg

xQLTd45.jpg

nj5VTuW.jpg

Ryan...That first pic is something I'd frame if you haven't already...freakin awesome!

Brook trout stream behind the house was primarily frozen today. No fishing for me....

Attachments

• 20201216_154051136.jpg
    20201216_154051136.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 5
Fishing in the snow is quite interesting.
Reveals more of your sensitive and sharpen your eye.
Can be rewarding or full of miseries. I can remember them all.

Attachments

• E Creek, PA .jpg
    E Creek, PA .jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2
I always found it to be very relaxing to flyfish after a fresh snowfall.

I have some very vivid and fond memories of chasing native brookies after a heavy fresh snowfall on the little creek that ran through the Penn State Mont Alto campus back in the mid 80’s with Dave_W.

DC410...I know that stream you speak of quite well :lol: I used to fish that one quite a bit in the 90s and it was still really good then too. Beautiful setting for sure.

I went up to Potter in the snow the day after Christmas last year and managed to catch two fat but pale looking Rainbows from Kettle on a white streamer. Stopped at Pine too but nothing. Did not see a person outdoors. Saw a few trout in the NO Fishing section up at the park way upstream too.

Fortunately their aren't many people out because there are no secret spots in the snow. Back in the day it was an art form to follow the old pros/not be followed after a fresh snowfall.

Great time to fish.

Alright, T minus 2 hours. Allentown, Boyertown or Malvern.... whos coming!?

Some Folks have too much youth left in them..........lol.

I just checked Uncle John's Cameras and there doesn't look to be much snow at all. GG

Back