Anyone use a Fishpond Wasatch vest?

D

Duke174

Am looking at getting a Fishpond Wasatch vest for the all day trips I do so that I can pack everything I might need for the day. Just curious if anyone has used this vest or has any comments. Just like to get some input from people who may have actually used it out in the field. That's where you get the real pros and cons of how a piece of equipment really works or not. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Just don't want to spend the money if there are major underlying issues. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks for your help.

I have that exact vest. Got it at the somerset show years ago when fishpond was just starting to get big. I paid $125 for it then and even at the price that their at now I would still recommend it. I'm a big guy and beat on my equipment and their stuff is definitely quality. I purchased a knock off of the same vest for about $60 at an outdoor show the other year to replace my old spinning vest and though it looks the same there a little differences in design and quality. I wouldn't recommend the look a likes. As for the use of the pack I love it. I fish various streams throughout the year and like being able to just grab my gear and go. I've tried smaller chest packs but it became hassle switching out fly boxes all the time. With that there's plenty of room and pockets to keep everything right in your vest. It is a little heavy all filled but it I usually bring a water bottle or two and throw it in the back pack and that balances it out for most of the day. I would highly recommend it.

I owned this vest for a year or so. Its a solid piece of equipment. I really liked having a backpack. I ended up switching to an older version of the double haul. I just dont like having 45 compartments. I would rather have 2-3 big compartments in the form of a chestpack. The wasatch vest was difficult to fit my big SA streamer box in. I could do it, but it was a pain. Fishpond products rock, but I would go with a chestpack combo and not the vest combo. Just me though.

Double post for some reason.

Back