Anyone here fish with a Colton 4 wt?

T

timmyt

Reason I ask is because I broke the top section of mine (its a 4 piece rod) and I don't plan on purchasing a new tip for it (long story).

so what I have now is a basically new Colton 4 weight that is missing the top section but the 3 lower sections are perfect and basically brand new.

I don't want to just throw it away so I figured I would post this here and see if I could find someone else who uses Coltons. If so, and you bought a rod from Bob early on, he probably gave you an extra top section with it, therefore, if we can work something out for my lower 3 sections you could have a backup rod.

Even if you don't have an extra top section, I'm sure it would not hurt to have an extra lower 3 sections in case anything ever happens to your rod.

I'd like to trade for some other flyfishing gear if possible

Post here if you fish a Colton rod, hell I may end up just giving it away, people here have been so nice to me I would not mind giving back also

I'll take it Tim I own a 5, 9 and two 8's but doesn't it have a warranty ?

it does have a warranty, but I have to pay 50 bucks to get it fixed and I don't want to do that.

I wish it would have just come with an extra top section ( I thought it was until I got it) like the 6 wt that I have and it wouldn't be a problem.

Got anything to trade for it?

How are you going to use it if you don't have a top section for a 4 wt?

Call Bob and ask how much for the tip :-D

Lets just say Bob and I have had our last conversation and I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future :)

Wait, are you saying I should call him our YOU would call him after you got the rod from me?

The tip would be 50 bucks I guess, as that is charge to send it back and have anything repaired via the warranty. Pretty expensive for something that used to come as part of the original price you pay for the rod IMO

You must be a bassbarn'er, correct Frederick? whats your s/n over there?

I was going to call him and buy a tip . My screen name is the same on the Barn. 50 bucks is what Sage charges now for broken rods

Link

I am not sure if it's the same model, but for $40 more, you can get the whole rod.

interesting...I think thats actually Bob himself selling that rod, I wonder why hes selling them so cheap on ebay and undercutting his own prices?

I don't want another slipstream rod anyway, WAY too fast for my liking

Frederick, I thought maybe you were a different bassbarner who I had exchanged emails with about Valley creek before, mistaken identity

Back