Anyone have experience with Stonfo Transformer Vise

N

nomad_archer

So does anyone have experience with the Stonfo Transformer Vise? I've watched the videos which seem overwhelmingly positive and I cant find anything negative about the vise.

I'm hoping someone where may have a few years experience with this vise and be willing to offer their opinion on fit/finish, durability and thoughts about the interchangeable heads.

My draw to this vise is the ability to change the heads as I get a little frustrated with my peak when tying larger streamers as their really isn't a good place for the material clip. My biggest concern i with the stonfo is the longevity of the the locking mechanism.

I welcome anyone experiences with this vise.

nomad_archer wrote:
So does anyone have experience with the Stonfo Transformer Vise? I've watched the videos which seem overwhelmingly positive and I cant find anything negative about the vise.

I'm hoping someone where may have a few years experience with this vise and be willing to offer their opinion on fit/finish, durability and thoughts about the interchangeable heads.

My draw to this vise is the ability to change the heads as I get a little frustrated with my peak when tying larger streamers as their really isn't a good place for the material clip. My biggest concern i with the stonfo is the longevity of the the locking mechanism.

I welcome anyone experiences with this vise.

Hey Nomad, I've tied on a Stonfo Transformer for about 4 or 5 years now.

It works great for me for tying midges to muskie flies.

The streamer head is great for tying large flies and especially articulated flies with backspace and a "shelf" to hold up each section.

In seconds you can change the head and tie small trout flies.

The tube fly head I don't use, but it's there if you ever want to tie tubes.

Here is a past post I wrote about the vise > Stonfo Transformer

Two thumbs up from me......good luck.

Thanks Afish. That was kind of what I was hoping to hear. It looks like the same shop you found it at in Reading still has them at the best price I can find.

nomad_archer wrote:
Thanks Afish. That was kind of what I was hoping to hear. It looks like the same shop you found it at in Reading still has them at the best price I can find.

Yes, Haggerty has it in stock at a good price.

They are a small local family-owned shop that can be trusted.

The streamer head is great for articulated flies, big saltwater or musky flies plus it still has the rotatory function if needed.

The offset rotary head is perfect for trout flies.

Go for it if you are looking for a versatile vise that can do it all.

Good luck.

Back