Anyone fished in Michigan?

D

dhathazy

I will be staying on the upper fly section of the Manistee River and also plan on getting to other rivers like the Au Sable and the Pere Marquette. Staying for a week June 15 to 22nd. Have never been there before so will be learning as I go! Any other suggestions on places to fish or fly patterns would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dave

The P.M. is fantastic. Check out Baldwin Bait and Tackle website. the guys are on the water every day. Great reports.
Are you going to take a boat? I would hire a guide for the first day. The river is very tricky as far as navigation.
The river has an amazing Hex hatch/BIG browns are taken on mouse patterns at night
check out......
Baldwin Bait and Tackle
P.M. River Lodge.
JEFF HUBBARD is a fantastic guide.
Get yourself a BARSKI burger when in Baldwin
PM me if you want to talk..............Mike

P.M is pretty good and I second Barski's for food and drinks.

Stop in at Schmidt Outfitters in Wellston MI near the Big Manistee.

Ray is top notch. He'll have the flies and information you need.

http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/

I spent 2 weeks there the last 2 years. I enjoyed the fishing. I am sure you will get alot of advice so I will not post on that. However the 2 things I will say is do not get your car aligned until you come back. Major pot hole and poor roads, second many streams have sand bottoms so consider that when choosing waders. We caught fish and enjoyed our trips. If you do some sight seeing go to Ludington to see the sand dunes and a very nice community. Also we did the Henry Ford museum and Rouge Ford factory tour. I drive a Chevy but enjoyed it. So you know it must be good. Post when you get back and have fun.

Thanks for the tips guys. Hope to have some good reports when I get back. Have not had much time to fish here so far, so looking forward to the trip. Addicted Angler - I never get my car aligned so I will be fine haha!

Back