Anyone familiar w/ Bill Skilton materials?

Crotalus

Crotalus

I recently recieved an order from Bill and it included an assortment of other foam cylinders - two of which i did not recognize.

Can anyone tell me what flies these cylinders would be used for?

Thanks

Attachments

• bodies.jpg
    bodies.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 15
I have his tying and materials book and i don`t see anything resembling those , i`d give him a call

after looking again i think the cylinders with the rings that he shows are called hornet bodies or yellow jacket bodies in the book the hornet bodies are black ,brown and yellow combined rings the yellow jacket are obviously black and yellow rings, but i don`t see anything showing the other

After some study, it appears to me that they are designed to be gone over with a black laundry marker or Sharpie and then used for ant bodies.............

Where can I purchase the book your talking about?
" Tying and materials" . Is this an order catalog or a pattern book. Or what

i purchased it at a flyfishing show, its a patteren and technique book but he lists and shows his materials he uses, his patterens are a lil different than your regular patterens you see, different i mean by the materials he uses, i`ve never tyed any of his dries or nymphs, but ihave tyed the terrestrials anyways the book is called ....my flypatterens,materials and techniques ,by bill skilton ,published by USA-FLIES P.O. box 64 boiling springs Pa 17007

also go to www.billskilton.com

i tried his web site, its down. hope to see his products at the fly show.

Bill's book is no longer in production ,but I heard it is available in DVD form

Henry is your book signed ?? and if so what # is it. Mine is volume 543 signed by bill..

will bill be selling materials at the fly show in lancaster?

where can i buy his materials?

rhbuilds wrote:
where can i buy his materials?
" Fly Tyers Heaven" flyshop in Sunbury. Jerry carries alot of Bill's materials.

thanks

Back