Anyone bought flies from The Fly Stop?

ErnieBall

ErnieBall

here is the link: http://theflystop.com/store.html

they have really great deals, and was wondering if any of you had experience with them

I've sung their praises so much I should be a sales rep for them. Good quality, good service, good prices and cheap shipping.

As long as they have the flies I need I buy from them. Used them multiple times and I've had no problems.

I would rather buy my flies etc from my local fly shop, you know the guy who lets you fish with the outfit BEFORE you buy it? The guy who said go get another one off of the rack and we'll send this one back,sorry for the inconcienence. Or the guy who says take two and if they catch anything let me know and pay me later. Or get two of another type and see if they do better,sorry that i misled you on this patten. You cannot replace this with price. I edited this because i entered the name of the fly shop i do business with. It takes time to build trust and friendship.

I second what gzacckey said. I should be there northeastern pa sales rep (even bought a t-shirt!) High quality flies!!! Kory is very fast and if you order it you are guarenteed he has it in stock unlike elsewhere on the net! Highly recommended.

I like them. In fact I just got done placing an order. The only issue I have with them is their website. If you are gonna order a bunch of different flies it takes awhile since you can only put one type/size of a fly in your cart at a time. Granted, not the biggest issue, but still a pet peeve.

brookieaddict wrote:
I would rather buy my flies etc from my local fly shop, you know the guy who lets you fish with the outfit BEFORE you buy it? The guy who said go get another one off of the rack and we'll send this one back,sorry for the inconcienence. Or the guy who says take two and if they catch anything let me know and pay me later. Or get two of another type and see if they do better,sorry that i misled you on this patten. You cannot replace this with price. I edited this because i entered the name of the fly shop i do business with. It takes time to build trust and friendship.

He's done all that stuff for me...he used to work at Neshannock Creek fly shop with Bob. Although, I tie all my flies, so I can't give a review of his stuff.

brookieaddict wrote:

Well, the way I see it, this guy is an independent shop, and from all the good reviews that the folks have given on here - I don't see the problem. He is selling flys for 50 cents and there just comes a time when you have to say "that is too good to pass up" - and I think this is one of those times --- I will do business with him, and if I am not satisfied, will not again, simply as that...live and learn

thank you all for the advice

Yes theyre a great online store, even give you a couple free flies.

Well, I received my flys and I gotta say, I am more than happy with the product. I obviously havent fished with them yet, but they look very well tied and the customer service has been top notch. After ordering, received an email from the owner and that just made me happy. I will definitely shop with them again , I mean, you just cant beat 50 cents per fly...

Back