Anyone been hitting the salt?

D

dubthethorax

The wifey wants to head to the shore house for Mother's day weekend. She's on her way down now with the kids and I'm working a half day and leaving around 12:30 to make the trek to Sea Isle City.

Anyone been hitting the surf or back bays? I've heard the stripers, blues, and weakies have been good in the back bays but just wondering if anyone else had luck. Looking for patterns, water depth, time of day/tide info etc.

Brought an 8 weight, some heavy leader, A few sink tips, clousers, deceivers, surf candy, gurglers, and some generic Puglisi fiber baitfish patterns. Hoping to find some scales :)

Head to SC in 2 weeks for cobia and redfish. Can't get here soon enough.

dubthethorax wrote:
The wifey wants to head to the shore house for Mother's day weekend. She's on her way down now with the kids and I'm working a half day and leaving around 12:30 to make the trek to Sea Isle City.

Anyone been hitting the surf or back bays? I've heard the stripers, blues, and weakies have been good in the back bays but just wondering if anyone else had luck. Looking for patterns, water depth, time of day/tide info etc.

Brought an 8 weight, some heavy leader, A few sink tips, clousers, deceivers, surf candy, gurglers, and some generic Puglisi fiber baitfish patterns. Hoping to find some scales :)

Dub,

Fredrick is making a foray to IBSP today (I believe). Maybe he'll post a report.

I know some guys have been getting bass, blues, fluke, and weakies in the suds up in northern Jersey. Can't say too much for the southerm portion of the state though.

Thanks. I read Capt Joe's blog and they are slamming big weakies in the bay so I know they are out there. Just wondering how to get them.

I hate to admit it, but I might just wind up clamming since it sounds like it's going to be rainy and windy as hell. :-/

Presently in Key West but didn't bring the rod along. I might check into a guide and go after some bones

So, I put the hurt on some smaller stripers on Saturday with olive/white and brown/white clousers about an hour after high tide at Townsends Inlet. They were cruising the shallows. Didnt have to cast far.

****** thing was..they would only hit when the rain was POURING for some reason. Once it got sunny or clear again, they'd shut off.

Missed a few Bluefish late Saturday night. A few minor blitzes going off but they'd only last about 45 seconds.

Even chucked some live bait for the hell of it with no takers on mackerel or clam.

I had a solid day up in north jersey last Friday. didn't fly fish considering it was my first time on the yak but im bring the fly next time im out.

Attachments

• IMG_0292 (150x100).jpg
    IMG_0292 (150x100).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
http://youtu.be/iCtI9aDPXn0

I know its not fly fishing but it will be soon
everything was on topwater

marcq wrote:
http://youtu.be/iCtI9aDPXn0

I know its not fly fishing but it will be soon
everything was on topwater

NIce fish but your on a boat and using a spin rod so it doesn't count :p

NIce fish but your on a boat and using a spin rod so it doesn't count :p [/quote]

true but now I have a thousand more spots I can hit from land using the kayak to get around. sedge galore,

Ever need a kayak fishing partner hit me up...I'm in the kayak in NJ ALOT! Some with and some without the fly.

Back