Any updates on Erie Steelhead fishing for Friday?

GonnaFlyNow

GonnaFlyNow

Happy turkey day everyone,

Does anyone have an Erie fishing report? I haven't seen any Erie fishing reports anywhere. Does everyone stop fishing right before Thanksgiving? I would be thankful for that. However that wouldn't leave me with a clue as to how the fishing is up there. I thought it might be a good idea to fish Friday as I have the day off. I was hoping the rain would be good for fishing. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Did you end up going up? Looks like some rain in the forecast this week. Will probably try to go up the weekend of Dec 3rd or 4th, or the 10th/11th, for a day-trip, if you want to carpool. Will be a spontaneous decision based on the guy I know that lives in Erie that I can check with...

You really don't need reports as there are always fish in the streams this time of year, just not as many as in years past. They move daily so it would be hard to predict exactly where the best fishing is going to occur.
The only thing I can add is that right now, the west side has been fishing far better than the east side. Brown trout are finally showing up in decent numbers. Most brown trout I've seen in the past few years.

Dano,

Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting targeting browns is a better option? I am starting to see more posts now about brown trout in Erie than Steelhead.

Cheers,

DanL,

I didn't make it up. I had too much turkey day stuff that ran into the night and didn't make the trip. I am up for an impromptu trip this weekend or next. Let me know.

streams are pretty low right now. Wait for some rain in the forecast and head up the day after it hits.

There are plenty of fish in Erie. You may have to do some hunting...but that's fishing. They are making their transitions to winter haunts. But there are scatted fish about everywhere. Get up and fish when you can regardless of reports :)

Water covering the rocks in all 4 webcam shots on Uncle John's campground. Hopefully will bring in more fish for the weekend...

Back