Any suggestions for smallmouth in southeastern PA

H

HeavyWater

Hi... I have not been able to fish much this year. I have some time tomorrow and Saturday. For trout I could hit the little Lehigh at some point, but I generally lay off the trout in the fall.
I used to love smallmouth bass fishing but I'm not sure where to go. I used to fish parts of the east branch of the perk years ago.
I would appreciate any suggestions... creeks/rivers... I'm out of the loop on this.
Without knowing anything I might just search around on the main branch of the Perkiomen near Collegeville. Or walk around the Delaware near Upper Black Eddy or Lambertville.
I don't think I have time to drive all the way out to the Susqhehanna or Juniata at this point.
Thanks. Good luck.

HeavyWater wrote:
Hi... I have not been able to fish much this year. I have some time tomorrow and Saturday. For trout I could hit the little Lehigh at some point, but I generally lay off the trout in the fall.
I used to love smallmouth bass fishing but I'm not sure where to go. I used to fish parts of the east branch of the perk years ago.
I would appreciate any suggestions... creeks/rivers... I'm out of the loop on this.
Without knowing anything I might just search around on the main branch of the Perkiomen near Collegeville. Or walk around the Delaware near Upper Black Eddy or Lambertville.
I don't think I have time to drive all the way out to the Susqhehanna or Juniata at this point.
Thanks. Good luck.

I see you're from Bucks County. I haven't had much luck in the Perk for smallies. If it were me, I would give the Delaware River a shot for smallies. Good luck.

If you have means to a boat or kayak I would definitely give the Delaware a try. I’ve never fished it this time of year but in the summer months have luck

the perk, schoolkill, neshaminy, tohickon, delaware, lehigh river for a few

Falls Township Park Lake...SMB, LMB, WE, TMky

Back