Any Interest in Material Swap????

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

I believe I am not alone in that I have way too much of some tying suppies but I need other things. For example, I have enough "green weenie" chanille to tie enough flies to supply the free world. I have pieces of a mink coat ready to be minced into dubbing. But I need hooks? I could use flashabou in certain colors and sizes.

Would anyone be interested in putting together "packets" of material for trading. I haven't thought this through completely but one way would be to have categories. Like I am looking for 3906b hooks in 14 and 16. We could put packets together say with $20 (retail) worth of material and trade.

Looking for ideas.

I have seen material box swaps, where a box of materials circulated through members. If you take something out of the box, you have to put something back.

Sounds interesting to me. Not sure I have much that anyone would want but I can say I have more glo bug yarn than any one man could use an all colors.

I like that idea but unfortunatly wont be around for a month or so. We are heading to colorado and Yellowstone on Mon. and wont be around for a month or so then off to FL. when we return. I would be able to participate in the fall but no now. I have plenty of things to swap for other things. Lots of raw dubbing materials and feathers including pa. grouse and ringneck. furs of fox,mink, beaver etc. all tanned and different colors.

I can vouch for freds stuff, I to would be interested in the fall when things slow down. I'm away for a death in the family right now and then will be busy till after septtember. mid Oct. on will be good though. Fred hope ya get some fish this year, and watch those grizzly's they will be lookin for tear drop campers to break into..

I would be interested in this too. I have participated in material box swaps on flyanglersonline and have always enjoyed the results.

Yea that's where I think I saw one done. I don't know exactly how the box is started. Meaning, does everybody send in one pack of materials then it starts getting passed around? I would be up for this, once we decide what we are doing.

I'd be in for this as well. I have some nice materials that I just don't have a need for and would like to see them go to somebody who could use them.

sounds interesting but im trying to think what i have that anyone would want i do have lots of bunny fur in white and grey ill keep checking back ooh and i have tons of brass beads ...

Back