Any chance for fishing partner forum section?

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear mods,

I'm wondering if we could have a section of the forum devoted to setting up fishing trips with other forum members?

I've seen similar sections on other message boards and they seem to be well received. For example, the NH Fly Fishing Board has a float tube get together every Friday at a different lake. They post a lake, there is a brief discussion about it and then off they go.

I got a spare float tube, life vest, and fins and I'd be happy to let someone use them for a day somewhere convenient to both of us.

I realize that I probably scare more people away than I attract, but maybe some other folks would appreciate and be able to make use of a forum section devoted to arranging fishing trips?

I know we have the PM option, but I'm thinking a public section where invites are made might be more advantageous?

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Sounds like a good idea, if it can be done.

PaulG

I've heard lots of requests for new forum sections over the years. I cant believe this one was never brought up.

This has been brought up before and was stated that it goes on in Stream Locations, General, and Beginner forums and they weren't going to create a seperate forum.

Would be a good forum. I still need to take PaulG up on a Clark's Creek offer some day!

I think it would be a very good forum section

I am already dizzy searching through all the forums we do have.

This may sound stupid, but I'd rather see the Swap Forum become the Swap and Fishing Partner Forum. There are slower moving threads over there.

A convention could be developed where "FS" starts any For Sale thread (or FS/FT), WTB Want to Buys start that way and "Partner" could start threads seeking a fishing companion or whatever other conventions the users wish to adopt.

So, the forum could look something like this:

I hear you on this. We are currently working on a new Hatch/Entomology Forum. We will discuss.

Back