Anvil USA

S

surveyor06

Just wanted to share a story with you guys. Last night while tying I broke my vise, and Anvil Apex. I cranked down too hard on the jaws and it sheared off, my fault completely. I called this morning and explained my situation to the customer service rep. He told me to send it in and it will be fixed. When I asked him how much money to send in he said that it was covered, and that I would not even have to pay for shipping. He said he would make the repair the same day he received the piece and send it out the same day. I found this rare, and thought you guys considering buying a vise might find this info useful. In dont work for them or anything, just found it refreshing to get this kind of service. They def. have a life long customer.

Must have been that extra bit of ice tempering at the Newbie Jam that did 'em in. ;-)

I don't own an Anvil vise, but have a few pair of their scissors. They're the only fly tying scissor manufacturer that I know of that will re-sharpen their scissors. Quality stuff, made in the USA.

Glad they took care of you, Andy.

H.A.

Haha, yeah, i got a little carried away. Tool steel makes a heck of a snap when it fails. Atleast I got the AA for the backup.

A piece of steel chipped off the jaw on mine They sent me a new jaw with installation instructions after explaining what had happened. Didn't even have to ship anything to them. Nothing but good things to say aboiut Anvil...

They offered to send me a kit to replace it, but I wasnt sure about removing the pin on the handle, im assuming thats how you remove the jaws. Tried tapping it out, but it wasnt budging. The CS rep said just send it in, we will take care of it.

I use an Anvil vise as well. Very sturdy and easy to use & adjust. It may not be a high dollar vise but I like it. Scissors are very nice too.

I've heard good things about the anvil vices from a few others also.
With a $100 price tag - and customer service like that - it does sound like a great buy

after reading this post and owning an anvil atlas vise for 3 yrs now or so I just started to have some trouble with it holding hooks. I too called the co. yesterday and without a hassle was offered a new tool kit to replace the jaws. I accepted the offer rather than mailing it back. A lot less time till the vise gets repaired. Its very simple to change the jaws out and only takes about 5 min at the most. I liked this vise for tying, now I also like the old school customer service. No questions were asked and no blame was implied just send it out cause the customer is always right. We dont see that much anymore from retailers or companies.

Back