Another Sharpie Marker

BruceC2C

BruceC2C

Any GravelBar, will do just fine. 365. Fresh&Salt
Per attached photo of Midge Larva tied by
Hopper Juan Ramirez...
until today , i had difficulty finding ANY
Brown Perm Marker to purchase as single item without burden of $20 " variety package".
Got this today at WalMart...
$5 for 3 Metallic Markers
one silver, 2 brown/ copper-ish
Perhaps an option here.

Attachments

• PXL_20240106_005952668.jpg
    PXL_20240106_005952668.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20240105-200359.png
    Screenshot_20240105-200359.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 44
So some guy ties a fly that has been tied a million times, swipes a marker down the back, gives it a name, posts it to instaface, claims the pattern as his and now there’s a shortage of honey brown markers. There are always options in fly tying. There is simply no need to ever go on a quest to find the exact item used to tie any fly. Any marker or even no marker would have been fine on a thread wrapped hook. Sorry to be cynical but that’s a recipe to go broke tying flies.

I'm not a fan of markers for flies I'm going to fish for a lot of reasons. However when I was inclined to use them, I shopped at real art supply stores who sold them in a myriad of colors.

I'm fortunate to have a Dick Blick store not too far from me but they do have an online presence...

The only waterproof markers I’ve used is those AD. Sharpie didnt hold. If your using the epoxy or uv can always add color to that.

I used Chartpak for years but I still had color come off on my hands or bleed on to the foam in my fly boxes.

The funny thing is still have a few markers that are close to 40 years old and they STILL haven't dried out.

Back