another newbee

micksgotbait

micksgotbait

hey everyone, just joined the site. looks great! i usually dont join sites like this but i was recommended as a new fly fisher. i purchased my new license at my local Gander Mountain (Colonial Park) and i met a guy that goes by the name Dave. he suggested that i join so i took him up on the offer. like i said i'm new to the fly fishing scene and from what i'm seeing on the web and reading about it feels like its something that is going to grow on me real quick. i've been fishing for years and years but all i used was in-line spinners for trout and once in a while corn or crawlers. i've been practicing casting in my back yard with a piece of yarn tied on my leader just to get the feel of things. i must look realy dumb to whoever drives by, but hey, i have to practice somewhere!! i can just imagine what people are saying when they drive by..... "hey look at that wierdo, does he know he's in his yard"? anyway, looking forward to the new things the great outdoors has too offer! HAPPY FISHING!
Cheers!!!!

Welcome Mick. This is a nice community of fly anglers. You can get your questions answered here and pick up a lot of knowledge by just reading others comments.

Welcome to the board!

the welcome is greatly appreciated! thanks!

micksgotbait wrote:
hey everyone, just joined the site. looks great! i usually dont join sites like this but i was recommended as a new fly fisher. i purchased my new license at my local Gander Mountain (Colonial Park) and i met a guy that goes by the name Dave. he suggested that i join so i took him up on the offer. like i said i'm new to the fly fishing scene and from what i'm seeing on the web and reading about it feels like its something that is going to grow on me real quick. i've been fishing for years and years but all i used was in-line spinners for trout and once in a while corn or crawlers. i've been practicing casting in my back yard with a piece of yarn tied on my leader just to get the feel of things. i must look realy dumb to whoever drives by, but hey, i have to practice somewhere!! i can just imagine what people are saying when they drive by..... "hey look at that wierdo, does he know he's in his yard"? anyway, looking forward to the new things the great outdoors has too offer! HAPPY FISHING!
Cheers!!!!

Hi Mick

Welcome to the board and the area!

I know what you mean by practicing in the front yard, I did the same thing. I use to hear all the time..how they biting or catching anything, I just tuned them after awhile, just keep practice!

If you need any help with the Hbg area, just PM me be glad to help you out!

PaulG

Welcome Mick. I'm in the area as well and if you stick around the site will most likely see you on the streams sooner or later.

Back