Another Good Day

djs12354

djs12354

For my brother, that is. :)

We headed to our favorite DHALO, with the hopes of getting a little fishing in before another round of the on and off rain it.

Before gearing up, Pete and I took the short walk to streamside and looked the water over. As we expected, it was high and discolored, up i would guess 18 inches from when we last fished it.

Suggested to my brother that our best option may be to swing buggers and see where things go from there. Well, we were only fishing a few minutes before Pete called out that he had one on. I looked up to see a small bend in his rod and thought that he was into one of the 10 to 12 inch brookies that had been stocked here. Suddenly, his rod took a major dip and the drag made that sound we all love to hear. With a big grin on his face, Pete calls out, "It might be a big one!"

After a fight that had the fish working from one side of the pool to the other, and up and down stream, I netted a 17" rainbow for him. Got the fly out, snapped a pic with the cell phone and back into the water for that hog.

After a few minutes, Pete tied into another size-able fish. This one highly acrobatic - It jumped 5 times and roared through the pool until he threw the fly back at my brother.

Me? I had one brookie to hand, long-line released two more and missed more than I like to think about. :)

It was a great afternoon on the water with my brother. Another opportunity to show him something about fly-fishing and have him take me to school! :)

dj............That sounds pretty cool......i don't have a brother but i have a few real close friends that i've fly fished with since we were maybe 5 or 6.......the competition thing lies just under the surface!!!!

Osprey - I'm lucky to have my brother, Pete, and friend, Dan around to fish with regularly. Never any real competition, just the friendly, taking shots at each other type of fun.

I'm as happy seeing someone I'm fish with into them as I am getting them myself. (Well, maybe almost as happy!)

It's great being able to take some of what Dan (who's responsible for getting me started FF'ing) and many members of this board have taken the time to show me and pass it to my brother.

Would love to see a pic of that rainbow

I love to fish with my family and friends. fish biting or not, we always have a great time!

henrydavid wrote:

If I could get it off my phone, I'd be happy to post it. (Some dummy forgot to put the camera back in his vest)

djs12354 wrote:
henrydavid wrote:

If I could get it off my phone, I'd be happy to post it. (Some dummy forgot to put the camera back in his vest)

If you have an iPhone or droid, use the imgur uploader app.

Gone_Phishin wrote:
djs12354 wrote:
henrydavid wrote:

If you have an iPhone or droid, use the imgur uploader app.

Smartphhone? We don't need no stinkin' smartphone.........

Old technology here :)

djs12354 wrote:

Smartphhone? We don't need no stinkin' smartphone.........

Old technology here :)

Ahhh....cave paintings.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tin cans and string. :)

Actually catch heck from some of the younger relatives - I have text messages blocked. I keep telling them - "It's a phone - I can speak words to you and you can hear them." "You can speak words back to me and I will hear you."

+1 on talking over texting. I'm lazy and talking is much easier then typing in a bunch of letters and numbers, and then having to correct what I already typed.

Back