Angler's Roost NY

littlelehigh

littlelehigh

Anyone familiar with this websites merchandise particulathere heir rods. I think there prices are cheap and when I phoned to find out what blanks they use etc the guy pretty much told me look at his website pick out what I want and buy it their a no frills shop. There checkout system is retarded to say the least. No shipping prices before you "make purchase" on there site.

Dude is crazy and thinks hr is the pinnacle of the fly fishing world

I've heard good things about the light switch / Speys

But would never get one... Just to ensure i would never had to deal with him

I purchased a few items from him when I first started fly fishing a year ago. The guy was very disagreeable and unpleasant if you questioned him about anything. IMO, there are better items for the money. The reels are functional but a bit heavy. The rods are not worth the money. There are better rods for the same price.

But an 11' or 12' 3/4 wt for $100 is tempting. Ive been looking for one of those for a few years now.

I bought a 10.5 switch rod for salmon. It works for what I spent on it and when I busted it there were no questions asked. My advice is you get what you pay for though.

I've purchased a lot of rod building stuff from him over the past couple of years. He's certainly a character, but stands behind what he sells, and exchanged and refunded items that didn't work for me, so generally a stand-up guy. YMMV.

EG

I bought a few reel seats from him just to try and I was okay with the quality. The only thing I was toying with was one of the bamboo spey rods. While I make my own bamboo rods I hate making spey rods and for $150.00, I know I can’t make one for that and for a rod I’ll only use 5 or 8 times a years it would be worth it. But I have not bought one because I just can’t force myself to buy something I can make.

v/r

Joe E

I've purchased a lot of rod building stuff from him over the past couple of years. He's certainly a character, but stands behind what he sells,
Ditto .... I haven't bought a LOT, but what I brought was nice and exactly as listed & with a fair price.

Back