An August Weekend in the Cumberland Valley: Photo Essay

klingy

klingy

I had a chance this past weekend to enjoy a couple of days on the water of my home streams. It was nice to get a taste of fall in the mornings. I took some pictures along the way that I thought I'd share. We have it good in PA!

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Blue

Blue

Eye Level

Eye-Level

Flank

Flank

Goldenrod Owlet

Owlet

Goldenrod

Golden Hour

Fading Light

Fading Light

More and more I don't log on for the fishing stuff as I do for the stories and photos...
Thank you for sharing !

Stunning photos!! Thanks!!

Wow! I don't show my wife fishing pictures, but I did show her these!

Beautiful! Saw my first Monarch today on my swamp milkweed. Also, first tiger swallowtails at my place (saw some in my mom's garden).

Beautiful photos as always Klingy. You forced me to search on Owlet caterpillar. You also tempted me to take an afternoon skunking on the Letort. Been awhile since I‘ve fished it.

Beautiful! Saw my first Monarch today on my swamp milkweed. Also, first tiger swallowtails at my place (saw some in my mom's garden).
We’ve had some monarchs around the house this year, but only just this week saw some caterpillars on the milkweed. Also had a handful of swallowtail caterpillars on our parsley plant in the herb garden. Wife wasn’t too happy, but hey, they gotta eat too!

Beautiful photos as always Klingy. You forced me to search on Owlet caterpillar. You also tempted me to take an afternoon skunking on the Letort. Been awhile since I‘ve fished it.
Yeah, that’s my general attitude with it as well. Sometimes just getting a trout to look at your fly is a good day. But I keep coming back for more beatings!

Digging the golden hour shots.
🍻

Really nice shots. Thanks for sharing!

Spectacular! You captured the rare beauty of our valley perfectly - really first rate! Bravo!

Those photos are a perfect example of why there is more to fishing than just catching fish. You nailed it right there!

Excellent photo essay.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Letort is always picturesque but you nailed it.

I love your photos. You compose them well and the resolution of your camera is great.

Back