Almost

FiveWeight

FiveWeight

Well I was heading out to a local creek here in northern Lancaster county this afternoon, lined up on the tailgate of the truck and started walking back the edge of the field to get to the water and noticed my leader was looped around the tip of the rod in a strange looking way so I gave the rod a little flip to straighten it out and some how broke the very tip of my Orvis Clearwater 5 Wt. I have no clue what happened. Anybody got any Hard as Hull? I'm out of it.

I'll take it back to the shop and get a new one, but it still stinks. I have plenty of other rods so it's not in issue but it still stinks. I was just reading a post on here somewhere about taking another rod with you regardless how short the trip is..... Life is a dance, you learn as you go.

Sorry to hear of your loss. But don't feel bad, I've left entire rods at parking areas before.

Took it in to Evening Rise here in Lancaster and they said that they could put a new tip on it or send it back for a new one. I said, go ahead and fix it here. So I got my rod back. Just a bit shorter. Bout 3/4 of an inch. No Prob.

Back