Allen fly fishing rod preview and news, must see!

skibo5

skibo5

Not often do I come on here and talk, more of a quick browsing. But I think this is something that I must post! Enjoy

When I was asked by Allen fly fishing to test out some products I was excited beyond belief. For many reasons, 1. I never got to use Fly products before anyone in the world, 2. My rod had just broke and I needed to use one, and 3. Mainly because Allen Fly fishing makes some kick *** products! After you read this review, You may put down a sage rod or orvis for a while and save tons of money for the same performance.

Allen Fly fishing rod… 4 piece, 9ft 5wt

When I received one of the rods that Allen would be selling as one of there 3 series of rods I was ecstatic. After my first cast and reel in of a fish, I was hooked! This is one of the neatest looking fly rods I have ever seen. From the black eyes of the rod with a hint of gold on the inside to the camouflage reel seat, This rod was eye candy for me, and it performed just as well as it looked. Nymphing with this rod was a treat. Throwing mends and roll casting upstream was as easy as it gets. The reel seat is great and looks awesome with a sort of Smokey color. At one point while testing this beast, I looked at my brother and said to him “I don’t want to use my Orvis rod anymore” Now this rod clocks in at a little over 3oz for the 9 foot 5 weight version of the rod which is light enough for me not to want to go lift weights everyday just so I can fish. The power in the rod was great. Casting an Orvis clear water 2 rod valued at $200, as well as a st croix imperial rod also at $200, in my opinion was better then the power in both of those rods. Casting through the wind was very nice and I no longer had to complain about it as I do with my Orvis clearwater 2 rod (which is still a good rod.

Now when receiving this rod I thought that they left a piece out of the bag because there were 2 tip sections that is right 2!
From my talk with Allen fly company, EACH of these fly rods will COME WITH 2 TIP SECTIONS!!!!, absolutely genius. No longer do we have to worry so much about breaking a rod, this is huge, and imo is why ALLEN fly fishing will overtake all of the fly companies, seriously.

Now for the price, For a rod valued at $400usd. You can pick this up off of Allen fly fishing for …….. $90.
That’s right $90, for a rod with excellent performance as well as it coming with 2 tip section! A steal, a must have, a must buy.
So in AUGUST of this year, I will pick up one of these rods at a price that is outrageously low. Hell maybe even 2 of them. Allen fly fishing will have 3 series of rods ranging from 90 to 225 us dollars. With one of the rods competing with a well know light weight rod on the market. Details to be released once prototyping and field testing are done. Please feel free to post any questions about the rod and I will answer as best as possible from my short time spent with it so far.

Just posting this under gear so no one misses it, Head over to the general fourm section to see pics of the rod

What is the action of the 9' 5wt you tested? Is it a 4 pc? I am looking into upgrading my 9' 5wt and this may be worth holding out for. Thanks.

the action is med-fast. It is a 4 piece. and It is well worth the wait!

At the end of this season I'll be looking to upgrade my gear for next year's trout season (And possibly some late winter fishing). This could possibly be my step up. Is there any way to get some pics?

...Err sorry. It was a long day and didn't see the last part of the post. Looks great!

Back