Allen Fly Fishing Compass Series Rods

drumat26

drumat26

Has anybody bought these rods at all from Allen Fly Fish. The reviews on the website are all good but just wanted to see what other input was out there. I unfortunately broke my Jwoodbury 4wt yesterday and I need to replace it. I'm a big fan of the lifetime warranty for how clumsy i can be.

Also should i just order a reel from them while im at it. I only have experience with bass pro and martin stuff. I never had the extra money to get my self a really nice set up. Thanks for the input

I've heard good reviews on their reels. Don't remember hearing anything about their rods.

I have a Compass 6 weight. It is a good, serviceable rod that is inexpensive. I would describe the Allen reel I have, I forget the model, the same way.

Been a satisfied customer of Allen for a number of years now and must say their customer relations are top shelf.. I have two Compass rods and a number of Alpha reels and Allen flylines and they, for me, cast and catch equal to any of my upper level equipment that I have owned over my 50 plus years of flyfishing.. Just my $.02...

FAS

I was in the same boat not too long ago. I go the compass 5 weight with the ATS reel about 2 months ago an di love it. You get a lifetime warranty with the rod which is awesome. I don't think you can beat the quality for the price. like others have said the customer service is 2nd to none. I would deff recommend getting one.

That's probably what im going to do then. It pretty much came down to either the Allen or the orvis encounter combo. But im pretty sure I am going to get the Allen and get a reel to go with it. Thanks everybody for your input! Much appreciated!

Back