Albright

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

Albright just brought out a new linup of rods. None are for sale yet, but they show the linup and the characteristics of each new rod. Looks like their prices are going up a bit.

http://www.albrightflyfish.com/new-products.html

The A-5NSs look pretty and the less expensive model got good reviews, but I don't think I'd ever pay that much for a Korean made rod. $400 - $500 is Sage/Scott territory.

Kev

I've never seen any of their products priced at the MSRP price. They're always at that "sale price". It's their way of saying they should be sold for this much, but we're selling them at this "sale price".

In that case, they might as well list them for $1 million.

dr-evil.jpg

glad i got mine before the price increase and i will lay money on the fact that if i blind folded a fly fisherman , and used the same lenght , weight , flex rod as he is using in another brand u can't tell the difference , not many of us can feel the difference in the count of mudulus graphite in a rod

ryguyfi wrote:
I've never seen any of their products priced at the MSRP price. They're always at that "sale price". It's their way of saying they should be sold for this much, but we're selling them at this "sale price".

Pretty much. Its not dishonest, but its close enough for me to take umbrage every time someone goes on and on about them having a "sale."

As far as felling the difference in modulus graphite you can fell the difference. I have 6.5 ft 2wt. a 33 million mod. rod rated a mid flex and I have a “Tiger-Eye” series, high modulus graphite 6.5 2wt. rod i built also (also rated a midflex). If you werent supposed to feel the difference in mod. everthing would be the same right? The rods are differnent as night and day. The batson is floopy in the upper 1/2 like fiberglass and is a hard rod to get use to. The tiger eye blank was lighter first off and its a dream to cast and loads a lot faster with same line thats on the batson 2wt. I beleieve that that higher the modulus is suited to the faster more aggressive casting stroke some people have.

Back