Albright Products

F

flynoob

Just wondering what the opinion of this company's products was by the board. I was looking into getting a nice native rod and reel and with these prices I don't think I could go wrong. I have been using my 4wt st. croix reign. Bring all opinions.
Thanks

i have been hearing good things about albright products i dont own any but thats what ive been hearing

Mines been fine for me. Nice brookie rod, 7'6 3wt that Sals had for awhile now. Its a cheaper line from them but if Sal likes it for native brookies...well.....what else can I say.

Mattboyer might have something else to say though.

I've had mixed results with albright products. The waders have been unbeatable for the price, but the reels leave something to be desired. I have a 7/8 weight bugati and a 3wt bugati reel. The drag is not very smooth and it catches from time to time possibly losing you some fish. I took a fall on the N. Branch of the Potomac last year and I destroyed the frame of my 7/8 weight reel. The fall was not all that hard and I did not feel that kind of damage should have resulted, but it was a fall none the less, so I'll give the reel the benefit of the doubt.

Mines been fine for me. Nice brookie rod, 7'6 3wt that Sals had for awhile now. Its a cheaper line from them but if Sal likes it for native brookies...well.....what else can I say.

Im sold on their rods and will own one myself soon.the day i was with dan it was a dream to fish. I thought it was compairable to my Orvis Superfine.I havent used it since in fear of breaking it. I do have it in a rod tube dan so its safe. I say this weekend we get together, catch a few trout and i give ya your rod back :p

Sal and Squaretail - which model is the rod you're talking about?
Thx

I think its called "Topwater".
Its got a plastic reel seat, but the rod has a very nice feel.
I got it on an ultra secret-purple monkey-punch buggy sale at my work.
Rod, reel, line, backing, for $38.00 and change. Only reason I ever got it really.

Have off saturday, maybe sunday as well.

Squaretail wrote:

Mattboyer might have something else to say though.

I got to use mine for roughly 30 minutes. Bead headed woolly bugger took it off about a foot from the top. I have to call and see if they'll sell me a new tip section. Other than that I think I like it. Not a huge fan of the bugati reel, though.

Boyer

I bought a rod and reel in the fall and broke off the tip of the rod after first use. I e-mailed the company and was told it would be 6 months to get a replacement for the top half of rod. So I converted my 7'6" rod to a 7' rod. You get what you pay for. They are very inexpensive and the quality is decent at best. But for me I will wait and pay extra to get a better rod with better customer service. And I can't imagine an Albright rod being as good as a Orvis Superfine. And there is no way they come close to the customer service. Orvis Customer service is second to none. Just my opinion.

Well imma have to dig through my pms and find your number or you can just send it to me again.

I know we have this problem alot :roll: My bad this time i just recently changed phones. Ill see if i can find it first.

Anyways Dan twice now you have come my way, im thinking i owe you breakfast so you pick the location. Big Spring, Stoney in the deep forest, Letort (watch me look like an idiot ;-) ), or anywhere ya wanna go. :)

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Letort (watch me look like an idiot ;-) )

Hey! Back off, that's clearly my job. :-D

Boyer

Rofl. making me look like an idiot or looking like one on the Letort or BOTH? :lol:

I cant find it Dan then again i never erase PM's. so i think i have a 1000 of them. :)

i said it beofre and i'll say it again , i got the 7'6" 4wt A-5 model , sells for $125.00 & comes with a free top water reel , which has a click adjustable drag , all aluminum , the old click and pawl but hey for free . the rod looks and handles like a dream , wood reel seat , aluminum seat hardware , the eyes are spun on with thread , nice cork , i over lined it with 5 wt dt line , casts anything like a dream. i showed to to a buddy that has a sage 7'9' 4 wt and he said he couldn't tell any difference in the two by look or feel. i was gonna get the 3 wt but i am glad i got the 4wt to handle bigger fish and windy days a little better. wish i coulda got the rod in a 7 footer but hey i still really like it. as far as comparing it to a orvis , thats a little unfair , if you could get a cadilac for the price of a volkswagon, no one would be driving volkswagons . but albright makes a great rod for the money.

Back