Albright OctoberFest

Wildfish

Wildfish

Albright is having another october sale, but I can't tell if these prices are lower than usual, or just the regular price difference between what they sell their stuff for and what they "think" MSRP should be. Anyone know if there are decent deals to be had over there?

It's just the marketing... the prices haven't changed a single cent.

They had been selling their new A5 INS rod most of the summer for $269 and the price is now $189.

I have an Albright rod that I'm pretty happy with, but I'm really starting to get annoyed at their marketing.

They advertise "MSRP" on their site, which is total nonsense. The rods are never sold for those prices, in fact it is the MSRP of rods from other manufacturers that they feel are in the same class. It leads newcomers to Albright to thinking their $499 MSRP rod which Albright is selling for $269 (or whatever) is a big time deal, when in reality it isn't even reduced.

Some of their closeouts/etc are really nice deals (I just sent a friend to them to buy a pair of waders from them for $49 which turned out to be pretty nice), but there's no telling exactly what value you're actually getting.

Sure, in many ways prices compared to other manufacturers is relevant, but Albright should let their prices and their products speak for themselves instead of using fake MSRPs to mislead customers into thinking items are on sale.

Back