Airflo Lines

njk3395

njk3395

Anyone ever use their lines? I'm due for a new line and have always wanted to check these out.

I just got an airflow wf6 line a couple weeks ago (can't remember the exact line name). It is pretty supple (I used it in

Airflo lines are different than most line manufacturers. Airflo uses polyurethane instead of PVC. IMO, they are more durable and don't need as much TLC.

They stand behind their product. I just had a line giving me some problems this weekend. Called Rajeff Sports (US Distributor) and was told to send it back for full replacement.
Can't beat that.

Yeah, the durability and resistance to cracking is what mainly attracted me to their line, how do they cast?

I've used them in the past and have one on one of my reels now. Holds up well. Think this might be the 4th year for it. Keep um clean and they will last for years.

I just started looking into these lines myself and recently talked to a local flyshop owner and asked him what he used and he said he's hooked on Airflo lines because of the low stretch feature which gives you better hook sets and better casting. He also told me they have a 5 year warranty against cracking vs. 1 year warranties that most other lines carry. He said that they've been pushing the envelope in their designs and are the ones who made SA come out with their sharkskin line because of Airflo's ridge design. The next time I go out he said he would give me a reel with the line on it so I can try it out on my rod to see what I think. You can't beat that! I think I'll take him up on that offer on Thursday and I'll let you know how it goes.

I got a chance to take the line out here in Wyoming on a river and a lake and I have to say I'm sold. I've been using the Rio nymph line for the last few years and it's cracking on me and is a bit stiff when it's cold. Not a bad line and I've caught a ton of fish on the stuff but I think Air flo beats it hands down. I took it to a stretch of tailwater in a canyon to get out of the wind but there was still some gusts to deal with, and I was standing on a ledge about 8" wide so I was casting awkwardly. I tried a bunch of different fly combos with no success, then finally tied on a couple buggers and nailed 8 trout out of the next 10 casts, all about 15". The line cast well for the way I had to cast but there wasn't a drastic difference between lines in casting. Where I noticed the difference was in the hook sets. I took 20 trout in the same pool, dead drifting buggers and swinging them, and I only missed 1 trout due to a bad hook set and that was because I didn't see my indicator go down because of the wind ripples on the water. Every other hook set was perfect and immediate. I believe that was because of the low stretch in the line. I took the line out on a lake and wasn't super impressed with the castability but again it was the hook sets that sold me on this line. I'm pretty sure it's the Air flo ridge tactical that they gave me on the reel to try out. I'm going to try it one more time tomorrow but am definitely going to put on some of this line the next time I spool up. Check out the you tube vids on the stuff.

i have airflo ridge tactical trout in 3, 4 and 5 - on fast rods.
perfect match for my casting stroke

I got the airflo ridge tactical in 5 a few weeks ago, I'm hooked, my favorite line so far.

Back