Ain't No Bullsharks in the Susky!

Dave_W

Dave_W

Staff member
At least not around Wrightsville.

Apparently, a hoax has generated rumors about such sightings, that are debunked on Pennlive

Certainly bull sharks will go way up freshwater rivers - they have been found int he Mississippi as far up as Illinois - and they are found in the Chesapeake bay in summer... but a fully grown bull would not get over the fish ladders.

Sorry Fredrick, you'll have to head further south to get one of these bad boys from your kayak. :)

I dissagree, In the boat museum in N.E.MD where I live, They have an artical from a news paper on the wall where a local guy caught a few someplace close to the Susski flats or river. I'm pretty sure the artical was from the 1980's. It was done. Never say never. lol. Artical even has pictures. But your right not as far as Wrightsville, they would need a fish ladder to get up that far. The flats , yes.

On the list definitely would lov to catch a shark on the fly .

So the reports were BS (Bull Shark)?

(Someone had to do it.)

Fredrick, you would love shark on the fly. I have caught quite a few back in the day when I did the salt game. even have one on wall from the eightys. And 2 bite marks on me

Back