After 14 seasons, RIP my G3 friend

krayfish2

After 14 seasons, my G3 waders have finally decided to give up. Had a drag fest / guide trip last week where I had to climb over the raft frame ALL day, I noticed that the exterior shell on the knees started to peel away exposing the material underneath.

I'm 100% sure I will never experience another run with a pair of waders like I did here. Some of that older Sim stuff was built bulletproof. When they changed from the original G3 to the newer model, I bought an old pair on closeout which have been sealed in a box for 10 years now. Never even opened up. I guess I'll find out if I stored them well enough to keep them usable. I thought $400 was expensive but waders nowadays are closing in on $1,000. If I get the same life out of these that'll take me to age 72 and I'll probably be all but done fishing at that point. Hopefully these are built just as well.

Reactions: CRB
My condolences. My orvis silver sonics died last year after a 12 year run. I replaced them with a pair of the ultralight convertibles which are the same wader but without the welded seams they used to have...I like them but I also don't expect them to last half as long.

Reactions: CRB
Back