Adding feedback to the Swap forum

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

I've bought more than a few secondhand items on-line over the years. Most of the places where I have purchased have some type of feedback section.

I was wondering/thinking if maybe something like that could be added to the Swap forum? Anything I've ever done through it has been a good experience. However, I think it might be nice if people could see evidence of successful dealings with individuals who buy and sell there.

One place I have bought from simply has a "Marketplace" thread. You leave feedback by titling it with the individual's name and composing a short message about your transaction. That way the Marketplace thread is searchable by the seller's or purchaser's name.

Anyway it's just a thought after I received a package purchased through the Swap forum. I thought it might be nice to recognize that it was an easy deal and that the goods were delivered quickly and in great condition. Being able to say that might help other people when they come to buy and sell.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Tim, I think it is impractical in our format.

That said, I think we should assume "among friends" that every transaction goes well, and that all swappers are reputable. As far as I know PAFF does not want to get into warrantying transactions, even by user input.

If anyone ever experiences a ripoff, they should call it to the attention of Moderators or DaveK, not because we want to police transactions whether for the good or the bad, but at least to allow clear parasites to be eliminated if possible. I speak just for myself. Let the buyer beware, at all times.

I am glad 99.9 percent of transactions go well.

Tim,

It is certainly a logical part of the swap process. The idea of our swap is really for casual trading of used fly fishing gear. I think Pad encouraged me to add the forum and wasn't something I was't clear would be a good fit. Thanks for the feedback, but only a certain amount of resources that can be given to the site.

Dear Dave and Jack,

OK, I didn't know and figured I'd ask.

Roho is definitely an easy guy to deal with in case anyone else reads this section of the forum.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Back